Hi All, I'm having a bit of a hard time getting the QOS result I want on a 1800 router. I'm running VoIP trunks between digital PBX systems, but can't get the priority treatment that I want.
The setup involves a 1801 router at one end on a ADSL connection, and a 2821 router at the other on a SDSL connection. I'm only really worried about the 1801 at the moment. This is what I've done so far: Applied a policy map to the inbound VLAN interface, to mark the RTP packets as EF and the rest as AF43. This works fine. Apply "qos pre-classify" on the mGRE Tun Interface to carry the markings over to the encrypted packets. Applied a policy map to the outbound ATM interface to priority queue the EF packets, with a max of 25% bandwidth, and fair-queue the rest. I'm not seeing the packet count increasing on "show policy-map interface atm 0" as I would expect, which suggests it's not working as it should be. However, if I apply the last policy-map to the dialer interface, it does increase as expected - but I'm not seeing any evidence that it's actually prioritising the VoIP packets. I'm a bit stumped now, and so any help would be greatly received! Thanks, Rupert _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
