I've waited for nfdump sampled netflow support for ages, I would happily
manually enter a sampling rate per target if we could get this in there
quicker.
Dave.
Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
Peter Haag <> wrote on Monday, June 16, 2008 3:02 PM:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
Hi Cisco gurus,
For the next developing steps for my nfdump tools, I would like to
implement sampling - a feature, which a lot of users would like to
have. Sampling for v5 is announced in the v5 header and therefore
easy to recognize. For v9, the tags 34 and 35 (SAMPLING_INTERVAL and
SAMPLING_ALGORITHM ) are defined in the specs, but it seams as the
IOS does not export sampling information using these tags. Googling
lots of CISCO papers does not reveal more information on this issue.
So can anybody shed some light on the question how IOS announces
sampling in v9? Which platform/IOS combination do work or are
required to get sampling information in the netflow records?
I think we only export the v9 fields related to sampling information
when using Flexible Netflow and enabling "option sampler-table". Within
the "traditional" Netflow infrastructure, these fields are not sent IIRC
(many customers use the same sampling interval throughout the network,
so entering this information statically somewhere works for many
deployments)..
oli
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/