Hi,

I'm looking for ideas on how to solve this (rather unusual I assume) problem ... A customer site that has been only single-homed in our backbone is receiving a second uplink shortly. So far, no problem, they will be running dedicated routers with BGP, one doing dual uplinks to our core routers, the other to the second uplink. Problem is that a smaller POP (with multiple customers) is connected to another router at that site, which will be using the two other routers as default gateway to the outside, utilizing the full tables present there for routing ... Now, I don't want the POP's data to go out via the second uplink ...

One solution of course would be setting up a route map that redirects the next hop inside our backbone. But, running OSPF, this wouldn't really be a "clean" solution, and also require some overhead when changes at the POP occur. As is something like a GRE tunnel, which I'd really like to avoid.

Now, we run an MPLS-enabled backbone, and having just replaced the ancient 3640 at the POP with a brand new 1841, and with the customer site also in our MPLS network, I was thinking doing some virtual connection between the POP and our next backbone location ...

Question now is, what's the best (or best practice) solution you'd suggest for this constellation?

Tnx, -garry
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to