Matt Nguyen wrote:
Is anyone out there using OAL? It seems very easy to implement but
I’d appreciate any feedback about your experience implementing this.
Yes. It works fine, however it has some caveats notably:
1. If you want to "deny log" and have OAL work, you need to tell the
box to *not* leak denied packets to the SUP:
mls rate-limit unicast ip icmp unreachable acl-drop 0
2. It's mutually exclusive with VACL capture, which is a shame
I have a 6509 with Sup720/MSFC3 and PFC3B and am not yet using OAL.
I have about 30 VLANs with low/negligible traffic volume. I have 4
high volume VLANs with sustained traffic volume of 100Mbps and
30Kpps. I have another 4 medium volume VLANs with about half that
volume of traffic. I have 130 line ACLs inbound and outbound on 2/4
of the high and 2/4 of the medium volume VLANs with selective logging
of particular lines in the ACLs.
My CPU is steady at about 18%.
I am in the process of adding ACL’s to the remaining high and medium
volume VLANs but have halted my deployment because during initial
phases where I was doing more logging than normal to try and identify
source/destination pairs, my CPU was spiking to 98%!
Yeah, probably
My main questions are: Is OAL really going to help me that much?
Yes
Any caveats/tradeoffs when implementing OAL? All feedback is greatly
appreciated!
As above
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/