Hi Mike, Regarding the next-hop stuff and taken from the RFC (2796): In addition, when a RR reflects a route, it should not modify the following path attributes: NEXT_HOP, AS_PATH, LOCAL_PREF, and MED. Their modification could potential result in routing loops.
Also on page 6 of this RFC the deployment of RR's is discussed under the heading "9. Configuration and Deployment Considerations" Hope this helps... Cheers JC -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Johnson Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 2:57 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] Route Reflector Design To all, Does anyone have any good docs on RR design in service provider networks? I have read docs detailing a central route reflector and a RR for each POP. The piece I am missing is how the next-hop attribute reflected for each POP prefix (say POP1) into the AS is routed to by other POPs or other routers not peering with the POP1(say POP10)? I assume an IGP is used somehow, however, its the internal IGP design I am not grasping. thanx in advance Mike j _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
