Steven,
Right now you have 10.77.0.0/16 on vlan 1 on the router but on vlan 77 on
the switch.
If you want the switch to use an IP address from the 10.77.0.0/16 block, you
have to include vlan 1 as the native vlan on the 3550, and put the
10.77.0.10 address on vlan 1 rather than vlan 77.
Thanks,
Adam
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steven Pfister" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 8:35 AM
Subject: [c-nsp] Question on 802.1q trunks and L2TPv3
I've got a 3640 router that's connected to a 3550 switch. The trunking is
set up as dynamic desirable, and I need to change it to be a dot1q trunk.
I'm having a little trouble getting that done. I tried doing a:
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
and the switch became unreachable. Do I need to add something like:
switchport trunk native vlan 77
?
Parts of the config are included below...
Thanks!
router
-------
interface FastEthernet0/0
no ip address
no ip redirects
no ip proxy-arp
ip pim sparse-mode
ip route-cache flow
speed 100
full-duplex
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.1
encapsulation dot1Q 1 native
ip address 10.77.0.1 255.255.0.0
no snmp trap link-status
no cdp enable
!
interface FastEthernet0/0.77
encapsulation dot1Q 77
no snmp trap link-status
no cdp enable
xconnect 192.168.7.1 77 pw-class pw-dynamic
Switch
--------
interface FastEthernet0/48
switchport access vlan 77
switchport mode dynamic desirable
speed 100
duplex full
spanning-tree portfast
!
interface Vlan77
ip address 10.77.0.10 255.255.0.0
!
ip default-gateway 10.77.0.1
Steve Pfister
Technical Coordinator,
The Office of Information Technology
Dayton Public Schools
115 S. Ludlow St.
Dayton, OH 45402
Office (937) 542-3149
Cell (937) 673-6779
Direct Connect: 137*131747*8
Email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/