Yep, the 2950 can have a maximum of 1 layer 3 interface active (I assume for 
management).
 
If you have a Layer3 Vlan interface up, and try to bring a second one up, it 
automatically disables the first. (Not that I've ever accidentally done that 
and had to drive out to the chassis to console in or anything) :)
 
Ken Matlock
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Analyst
(303) 467-4671

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Allan Eising
Sent: Wed 7/30/2008 1:48 AM
To: julien leroiso
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] 2950 L2 ?



The 2950 switch is a Layer 2 switch, and does not do any Layer 3 switching.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 9:43 AM, julien leroiso
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sorry the title should be : 2950 L3 ?
>
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 9:38 AM, julien leroiso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> can someone confirm me that 2950 do or don't do L3 ?
>> I'll need to configure many vlan gateway on, but I don't remember if I can
>> do it on that device.
>>
>> thx
>>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>



--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Allan Eising
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to