On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
I have tested this and it is working at a specific customer:
neighbor 10.100.80.7 default-originate route-map track-Broadwing
neighbor 10.100.80.7 distribute-list nothing-else-plus out
!
ip access-list extended nothing-else-plus
! Insert any nets you wish to announce here
deny ip any any
access-list 50 permit 216.140.0.0 0.3.255.255
!
route-map track-Broadwing permit 10
match ip address 50
!
You want to pick a network inside your upstream that will never go away and
if it does, that means their backbone has gone down. Do a few
traceroutes
and you will quickly figure out what are their backbone CIDRs to use.
That's basically what I ended up with yesterday in the simulator. My
problem with it is, without inside knowledge of my upstream networks, how
do I know which routes will never go away or never even just change mask?
To be safer, if I end up doing this, I'll probably put half a dozen or so
networks from each upstream in the access-list.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jon Lewis | I route
Senior Network Engineer | therefore you are
Atlantic Net |
_________ http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key_________
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/