Ian MacKinnon wrote:

Drew Weaver wrote:
What is the 'defacto' top of rack 10/100/1000 48 port access switch most folks are buying up these days from the big C?

Some thoughts.
I want 1u dual power. Why is that so hard to do? If all your customer servers have dual power from a and b feeds its not to much to ask that the top of rack switch does the same. Cisco RPS is a waste of time. You want me to reboot the switch to return power to the a feed - no chance.

OK a 4948 is 1u, dual power, but how much?
If all I want is switching, layer 3 happens elsewhere, its overkill.

Have you looked at their product line lately? I attended one of their LAN Switching Update events, and learned a lot about their new products, such as 1U 3560E models with 24 or 48 10/100/1000 ports and two X2 10G uplinks and dual power. Might that suffice?

pt

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to