Is that an EtherSwitch "Network" module or "Service" module? They are very different beasts. I'd imagine that you were using the Network module and that the problem could have been avoided with a Service module.

http://tinyurl.com/2ok8ox

The Service module literally acts as an independent switch that happens to be mounted inside the ISR chassis. I don't have a solution for your EoMPLS problem when using the Network module unfortunately. Maybe someone from Cisco can chime in on that one.

Justin

Junaid wrote:
Hi,

I have narrowed the problem. Now EoMPLS is working between the two
routers - the change is that instead of connecting CE2 to the
EtherSwitch module of C3845, I have connected it on an external 2950
switch which is then dot1q trunked to C3845. The problem appears when
I connect the host on the EtherSwitch port. The configuration on the
routing portion of C3845 is exactly same in both cases and the config
on the 2950 and EtherSwitch is similar. Does anyone has any experience
of running EoMPLS on C3845 with a host on an EtherSwitch module port?
Is there any special consideration that needs to be catered for in
such a scenario?

Will appreciate any help.

Regards,
Junaid


On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 2:15 AM, Junaid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to make EoMPLS (VLAN mode) to work between a 7206VXR
(NPE400) running c7200-jk9s-mz.123-21.bin and a 3845 running
c3845-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T.bin. These two PE routers are
connected back-to-back via FastEthernet. The customers are connected
via a switch connected to each PE:

CE1 --- Switch --- PE1 --- PE2 --- Switch --- CE2

The control place comes up without any issue:

C7200-PE1#sh mpls l2transport vc de
Local interface: Fa0/0.3 up, line protocol up, Eth VLAN 3 up
 Destination address: XXXXX (loopback ip of PE2), VC ID: 100, VC status: up
   Next hop: XXXXXX (ip of PE2's interface connected with PE1)
   Output interface: Fa3/0, imposed label stack {234}
 Create time: 04:55:52, last status change time: 04:22:07
 Signaling protocol: LDP, peer XXXXX (loopback ip of PE2):0 up
   MPLS VC labels: local 2207, remote 234
   Group ID: local 0, remote 0
   MTU: local 1500, remote 1500
   Remote interface description: MPLS TEST
 Sequencing: receive disabled, send disabled
 VC statistics:
   packet totals: receive 658, send 558
   byte totals:   receive 61117, send 57759
   packet drops:  receive 0, send 0


C3845-PE2#sh mpls l2transport vc de
Local interface: Gi4/0.3 up, line protocol up, Eth VLAN 3 up
 Destination address: XXXXX (loopback ip of PE1), VC ID: 100, VC status: up
   Next hop: XXXXXX (ip of PE1's interface connected with PE2)
   Output interface: Gi0/0, imposed label stack {2207}
 Create time: 05:06:06, last status change time: 04:42:00
 Signaling protocol: LDP, peer XXXXX (loopback ip of PE1):0 up
   MPLS VC labels: local 234, remote 2207
   Group ID: local 0, remote 0
   MTU: local 1500, remote 1500
   Remote interface description: MPLS test
 Sequencing: receive disabled, send disabled
 VC statistics:
   packet totals: receive 807, send 697
   byte totals:   receive 81235, send 63925
   packet drops:  receive 0, seq error 0, send 0


But the data plane is having severe issue. I cannot ping end-to-end
from the CEs. It seems that when I ping CE1 from CE2 (i.e. from the CE
connected to 3845), ARP works and I am able to send a ping packet to
CE1. But CE1 never receives it. On the other side, CE2  does not get
replies to its own ARP requests. Once I statically bind the mac
address of CE2 on CE1, CE1 sends an ICMP packet to CE2 and CE2 replies
to it but CE1 never receives the reply. It seem that the communication
is one way, from CE1 (one behind C7206) to CE2 (one behind C3845) and
not the other way round. I replaced C3845 with C7206 and there was not
issue in the data plane.

My question is with the IOS I used for C3845, is EoMPLS not supported
on it? As per Cisco's documentation, EoMPLS is supported on the IOS I
used for C3845. Any one any experience in running EoMPLS on C3845?

Another thing I noted was in the following output from C3845, it shows
MRU=0 and also there was no outgoing interface attached:

C3845-PE2#sh mpls forwarding-table labels 234 detail
Local  Outgoing    Prefix            Bytes tag  Outgoing   Next Hop
tag    tag or VC   or Tunnel Id      switched   interface
234                l2ckt(100)        50732      none       point2point
       MAC/Encaps=0/0, MRU=0, Tag Stack{}
       No output feature configured

While on C7206, the output was as it should be:

C7200-PE1#sh mpls forwarding-table labels 2207 detail
Local  Outgoing    Prefix            Bytes tag  Outgoing   Next Hop
tag    tag or VC   or Tunnel Id      switched   interface
2207   Untagged    l2ckt(100)        55853      Fa0/0.3    point2point
       MAC/Encaps=0/0, MRU=1500, Tag Stack{}
       No output feature configured


Any explanations/solutions?



Regards,

Junaid

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to