There was a kit to upgrade to 512mb which also requires a IOS upgrade. We used it for gige and fe access in some pops.
Aaron On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 1:16 PM, Kyle Duren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > I have an opportunity to get a Cisco 10720 router for very cheap, but I'm > rather unfamiliar with this model, I have some questions that I can't seem > to find the answer for. > > Has anyone used this model router, if so, have you used it with BGP and > such? > > The IOS limitations are rather odd, only having the 12.0 series (with > somewhat recent updates) also makes me wonder? > > The unit can have 512mb of ram, and mentions only being able to handle ~ > 250k routes, but is this in reference to the older model that only had 256 > mb of ram? This router looks pretty good, being able to do 2mil pps though. > > Let me know off-list or on if you have any info! > > Thanks, > Kyle Duren > Network Coordinator > Noel Communications, Inc. > Office: (509) 575-4780 > Fax: (509) 457-5008 > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
