Rinse Kloek (Solcon) wrote:
We are looking for a replacement for our 7200 BRAS routers. The ASR1002 looks promising:

- Dual IOS (Software Redundancy / Much easier upgrading)
Do you trust that stuff to work properly so early? I wouldn't!
- Standaard 4 GE ports
- 6-8 Mpps
Assuming zero feature use. The Quantumflow slows down quite a bit when you start adding more features.
- Front to back airflow in stead of side air flow
- Much hardware features like QOS / SBC / NBAR
Be sure to test the throughput of the device with all the features you want to use enabled. Don't expect full performance with all the features!

I've ordered a load of ASR1ks for peering routers, not recieved them yet though!

adam.