Hi Can you know about CMDB and NMes?
Thank you for your information --- Peter Hicks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Mario Spinthiras wrote: > > I find it hard to believe that people still use > nagios or cacti. I > > can't even begin to tell you how superior Zenoss > is compared to what > > is out there today. > > > I've used Nagios and Cacti to good effect, although > I will freely admit > the biggest problem (and that of many NMSes) is the > lack of a single, > central, extensible CMDB (or inventory database, or > simply a list of > 'stuff you have'). > > At $JOB-1, I wrote my own CMDB which I believe is > still in use. Sure, > you can use Rancid to back up your configs - I wrote > my own tool - but > it all comes back to a central database of 'stuff > you have'. > > I've yet to see a really, really good off-the-shelf > CMDB. > > > Peter > > ______________________________________________________________________ > This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email > Security System. > For more information please visit > http://www.messagelabs.com/email > ______________________________________________________________________ > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at > http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
