Yes, the G1 is having the same problem. I assume it has to do with the fact
that the 7200 series router is a old architecture and it was never necessary
to implement this feature when it was develeoped.
We have Dimension Data as global maintenance partner and they are not able
to take devices into maintenance with the serials beginning with 3. The
chassis sn on the label beginng (as I heared from DiDa) allways with 7...
And in advance, it´s a problem that we don´t have remote-hands on some
locations to read the sticker.....

2008/10/3 David Barak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>
> I can confirm that this appears to be true of NPE-G2s as well.
>
> David Barak
>
> Daniel Roesen wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 07:15:19PM -0700, Irfan Siddiqui wrote:
> >> I don't think this is possible on 720X you have to read it of of chassis
> > Indeed. We resorted to configure the chassis sticker ID as "snmp-server
> > chassis-id" manually. We found no electronic way, not up to NPE-G1.
> > Best regards,
> > Daniel
> > --
> > CLUE-RIPE -- Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- PGP: 
> > 0xA85C8AA0
> > _______________________________________________
> > cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to