Hi Arie.

As Jen Likova wrote it should be possible to change the answer from an public 
dns server.
My problem is that we got to access RFC1918 address from our internal network 
to dmz web-servers, and public users need to use public address off cause.
So by rewriteing the dns answer we wont need to maintain internal dns for the 
servers on the the dmz.
But I just can't get it working on the FWSM, I made somthing like this on an 
asa5510 and that works fine.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/fwsm/fwsm31/configuration/guide/cfgnat_f.html#wp1042753


/Arne
-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Arie Vayner (avayner) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 27. november 2008 14:08
Til: Arne Larsen / Region Nordjylland; [email protected]
Emne: RE: [c-nsp] dns rewrite on FWSM

Arne,

Can you please explain what you want to achieve? What do you mean by DNS 
Rewrite?

Thanks
Arie

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Arne Larsen / Region Nordjylland
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008 11:34 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [c-nsp] dns rewrite on FWSM


Hi Folks.

Isn't it possible to do rewrite dns on a Firewall service modul, or do I need 
to make an upgrade off the software ??
I'm current running  3.1(6).

/Arne
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to