Just to add (if i remember right) that ES and SRB didn't support local VLAN 
significance under single tagged subifs.
I haven't checked if SRD and/or ES+ solve this problem.

--
Tassos

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou wrote on 28/11/2008 18:01:
You're looking for "local VLAN significance".

You probably have to get one of the WAN-style (ES20/40 for sure, don't know for SIP/SPA) cards.

--
Tassos

Mark Tech wrote on 28/11/2008 17:52:
Hi
With my GSR, I can split traffic on seperate physical interfaces, reusing the same vlan #, i.e.

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/6.2
 encapsulation dot1Q 2
 ip address 7.7.7.1 255.255.255.252
 no ip directed-broadcast
 no cdp enable
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/7.2
 encapsulation dot1Q 2
 ip address 8.8.8.1 255.255.255.252
 no ip directed-broadcast
 no cdp enable

However with a 7600, if I try to do the same I get the following error:



interface GigabitEthernet1/9.2
 encapsulation dot1Q 2
 ip address 3.3.3.1 255.255.255.252
 no cdp enable
!
7600(config)#interface GigabitEthernet1/10.2
7600(config-subif)# encapsulation dot1Q 2
Command rejected: VLAN 10 not available
7600(config-subif)#


Is there anyway around this? I want the 7600 to act like a router, not a switch!

Regards

Mark


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to