Hi, On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 07:28:48PM -0500, Julio Arruda wrote: > I was under impression the L3 forwarding and the L2 forwarding was done > by the same engine, in the PFC card(s) ? and behind it, the EARL for the > lookup and the rewriting of the header info (mac rewrite, dec ttl and > goes on) ? > That is how Nortel 8600 (and earlier gen, rapidcity-legacy) did the > work, the same lookup engine would do l2 and l3, so I may be messing up > things in my mind :-), in a little more distributed fashion (more like DFCs)
As I wrote:
> >[Yes, this is simplifying things a lot, but the basic architecture works
> >that way - and all the rest is "powerups" to improve throughput]
gert
--
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fax: +49-89-35655025 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
pgp6KxZ2tv0Pu.pgp
Description: PGP signature
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
