Garry wrote:
Quite a coincidence ... did it take the backups out, too?

I would second this and investigate further. At the very least I would take steps to secure the data on the servers in question in case it comes up down the road. Also make absolutely sure that access to the servers and ubr is restricted to just a couple management IPs, just in case a disgruntled former tech still has remote access to it. I would be very specific with the ACLs and specify a couple previously unused IPs, in case they still have VPN access or some other remote access to what would normally be considered the management network. You can poke holes in the filter later once the customers are back up.

  Can someone quickly tip me as to how to let cable modems work without
requiring radius auth? The hardware is ubr7223 ...

Is this CMTS set up for Telco Return? I can't think of any other reason why you'd need RADIUS. I can't think of any Telco Return systems in production. I wouldn't call it a normal design, not anymore anyway.

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/docs/cable/cmts/feature/guide/ufg_telc.html

Our CATV environment requires no AUTH from the user. Only registered CMs (ie, logged in our provisioning system) can pull down an IP. Only CPEs on registered CMs can pull down an IP at that point. I don't know how you configure your CMs and ubr for this though. We use Arris CMTSs.

Best of luck
 Justin
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to