I have also used -hierarchical- ingress policing (because egress policing/shaping wasn't supported) and it works quite well. I just have to be more restrictive on the policing rates.

--
Tassos

Church, Charles wrote on 06/01/2009 02:28:
Agree.  We've used this inbound as well on our links to our peers for
P2P traffic.  Works pretty well, as long as it's TCP and you're shaping
it.

Chuck
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Brett Looney
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2009 7:05 PM
To: 'cisco_nsp'
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Policing Confusion


It is a bit dissapointing to know that you cant really manipulate
the types of traffic inbound only outbound. I understand why though.

I've used inbound policing and shaping on heavily congested links with
some
success - it has the effect of applying back-pressure to the incoming
streams - delaying ACKs and dropping packets; therefore slowing down
subsequent traffic. It isn't perfect but it does work to a degree - it
just
isn't as good as outbound.

B.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to