PIX 525 serial numbers as reported by the show version command have
their first two characters truncated. For example, if the PIX chassis
serial number is 44480521234 it will be reported by show version as
480521234. The first two characters cut off are always 44.
For PIX 535 the first two characters cut off are always 88. 

I have only dealt with 525 and 535 needing serial numbers. I imagine the
same situation may be present on lower end PIXes as well. 

 
Vijay Ramcharan 
  
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of ChrisSerafin
Sent: January 23, 2009 12:22
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] How to get PIX serial # remotely?

I have always done a 'sh ver' to get the physical system serial number 
on the old PIX's. For some reason, my client is saying this is providing

the incorrect serial number. Anyone heard this, or is the 'sh ver' the 
correct way to do this?

Chris Serafin
[email protected]
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to