Hi,

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 11:14:33AM +0100, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
> Gert Doering <> wrote on Friday, January 30, 2009 09:08:
> > I'm a bit confused.  [..]

> The SXH3a-SXH3a session is running BFD echo mode (as it's supported by
> both ends), as indicated in "using echo function with 50 ms interval".
> 
> When you configure BFD in Echo mode, there are two types of packets
> traversing across the two ends 
> 1) BFD Echo packets 2) BFD Control/Async packets.

Ah!  As I said, I'm a bit confused :-)) - but the confusion came from
not fully understanding BFD here.  I wasn't aware that there are two 
different sort of "check the link mechanisms" (echo and async).

This explains things, and why it "looked fast" on the SXH3a-SXF link
(because SXF doesn't support the echo mode).

[..]
> you can also disable bfd echo mode on the interface ("no bfd echo") if
> you want to use the same BFD mechanism (and hence the same output) on
> all your links..

As long as it's doing The Right Thing, and I understand how to read the
output, I'm fine :-)

Need re-read the relevant RFCs and I-D drafts.

Thanks again,

gert

-- 
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025                        [email protected]

Attachment: pgpez1ggDtnin.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to