Kevin wrote: > > If you have connections to differnt ISPs and cannot > take full routes then requesting partial routes > and/or filtering received routes may enable you to > do some path based TE. > > If you have multiple links to the same ISP you can > set maximum-paths for bgp to install multiple next-hops > for the same path in the fib.
I've only read something it, however there is also a useful feature called BGP LINK BANDWIDTH used to enable multipath load balancing for external links with unequal bandwidth capacity. Traffic is sent proportionally to the bandwidth of the links that are used to exit the AS. It requires bgp-multipath(iBGP/eBGP) enabled too. Honestly, I'm not sure if this ext-community ovverrides all the other best path selection criterias and if we can use it when we are multihomed to multiple ISP I think is not explained clearly,but if you want to learn more check http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t2/feature/guide/ftbgplb.html#wp1047649 Comment please! _________________________________________________________________ Quante ne sai? Gioca con i 50 nuovi schemi di CrossWire! http://livesearch.games.msn.com/crosswire/play_it/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
