I would turn on debugging and see if 1:15m corresponds to one of the BGP nexthop scanning or other events. Don't leave debugging on any longer than needed on production systems. If you can replicate in a lab scenario, that would be ideal. One thing that looks odd, is that you have 2 different update-source interfaces listed on RouterA's neighbor configuration for RouterB
Paul A wrote: > Hi, I'm having a bgp issue I can't figure out and hoping someone has ran > into this. > > > > I have two routers, router A and router B doing bgp. > > > > Router A is advertising 5 routes to router B, when the session 1st comes up, > router B has 5 routes received from router A. After 1:15 min the learned > routes on router B disappear. > > > > > > Router A > > Learns the routes from one of my bgp customers. > > > > neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx description xxx > > neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx update-source FastEthernet1/43 > > neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx default-originate > > neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx prefix-list PxxPL-IN in > > neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx route-map PLIN in > > neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx filter-list 109 in > > neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx filter-list 2 out > > neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx remote-as xxx > > neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx update-source Loopback0 > > neighbor 2xx.xx.xx.xx next-hop-self > > > > it advertises them to the configured neighbor on router A > > > > neighbor 216.xxx update-source Loopback0 > > neighbor 216.xxx next-hop-self > > neighbor 216.xxx filter-list 1 in > > neighbor 216.xxx filter-list 1 out > > > > If I clear the bpg session or when the session 1st comes up on router B, I > see the routes but then they disappear after 1:15 min. > > > > Thanks PA > > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
