On Monday 09 February 2009 08:08:23 am Deric Kwok wrote:

> When I try to connect this 4948 switch (eg: port 4) to
> another upstream switch,  machines eg: 192.168.0.100 in
> upstream  switch can't ping to machine eg: 192.168.0.222
> in port3 or port15 of 4948

Is the connection between both switches configured as an 
802.1Q trunk? If so, make sure you're allowing all VLAN ID's 
across this trunk (to check that things are working first, 
then filter if necessary).

Is the VLAN ID between both switches for this subnet the 
same?

Do you have the VLAN ID's configured in the VLAN database of 
either switch (I think later code does this automatically 
when a VLAN ID is assigned to a port, but I can't be sure 
how universal this is)?

Cheers,

Mark.


Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to