Hi, thanks for your answer.
I've pulled the PAM only. its a lightstream 1010 (8515MSRP, I think). We're running IOS 12.1(26)E Unfortunatly, we've got no support on that box. But I'm afraid that it could be a hardware issue. Sebastian Lamar Owen schrieb: > On Friday 27 March 2009 03:47:53 Sebastian Ganschow wrote: >> Hi, >> >> as far as i know and cisco says, a lightstream should be hot-swap capable. >> >> Does anyone know which reason could be, that a lightstream freezes, if you >> pull a WAI-E3-4BNC Card? > > Are you pulling the PAM only, or the whole CAM? > > What IOS release are you on? This is an LS1010, I assume. ASP-B or ASP-C > (or > 8515MSRP)? > > Those boxes are quite old, now, and you may be tickling an old hardware or > IOS > bug. If you have support on it, it's EOL Last Date of Support isn't until > April 29, 2011. Can't get a new contract now, but you can renew an existing > one until April 2010. > > I had an 8510MSR 'section' in an old Catalyst 5500 I retired a few months > ago, > and never had issues with OIR on IOS 12.1(26)E3 (itself a pretty old, but > still supported, IOS train). I only used OC3 and OC12 PAMs in it, so you > might be tickling a bug in your particular PAM. > > There is a 12.0 mainline caveat for the LS1010, CSCdw36579, that relates to > this issue. The description is: > > Symptom: OIR of port adapters does not work as expected using 12.0 mainline > software on the LightStream 1010. > > Workaround: Use the latest W5 image or do not OIR the port adapters > individually. OIR the carrier module, remove the port adapter and then > reinstall the carrier module. > ( from > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps718/prod_release_note09186a008049913f.html#wp36005 > > ) > > So you want to be on the latest 12.0W5 train image, or upgrade to the 12.1E > train. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
