I'm not sure if I got your question right, but we do the following: neighbor xx.yy.41.93 route-map NBR-UP2-IN in
route-map NBR-UP2-IN permit 10 match as-path 52 set local-preference 100 set community aaa:5000 aaa:5600 ! route-map NBR-UP2-IN permit 20 set local-preference 90 set community aaa:5000 aaa:5600 and it does work on all of the iBGP peers - every prefix that is selected as 'best path' has the community denoting where it came from. As long as you have send-community on the iBGP session that should work. If you do 'sh ip bgp' for a prefix learnt from one of the peers - can you see the communities set by the route-map? kind regards Pshem 2009/3/28 Steve Bertrand <[email protected]>: > >> What I'd like to do, is re-tag the routes inbound from the eBGP peers, >> and then let the PE deal with things when the routes are received. >> >> I've tried setting attributes via route-map as the prefixes are received >> from the eBGP peers, but for some reason, they don't appear to stick >> (per what the iBGP peer puts into it's FIB). > > Apologizing for replying my own post, I'd like to rephrase my initial > question... > > How does one set classification on ingress prefixes from specific eBGP > peers (or the eBGP peer itself), so that the said assigned classification > is retained when the prefixes are passed along to iBGP peers? > > Steve > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
