Mark Tinka wrote:
On Monday 20 April 2009 11:30:28 pm Belal Farouk wrote:

Source Severity Description [Index]
------ -------- -------------------
SFP Slot 0/3 CRITICAL SFP is missing [0]

We've seen this in our logs, both on the NPE-G2 and 7201 - code is 12.2(33)SRC3 or earlier.

It hasn't caused any real problems, so we haven't really followed up on it with TAC. Maybe we should :-).

I see the same thing on a 7201 that I have had trouble with. I'm running 12.4(24)T. Gi0/3 has a SFP-GE-S in it. The link I had trouble with was Gi0/0 though. 0/0, 0/1 and 0/3 all show the error. 0 and 1 are actually RJ45 so I suppose this could be expected, though I'd prefer that the media-type command disable the SFP check on those interfaces.

The problem I had was on gi0/3 with MTUs going out via copper onto a fiber media converter. It worked fine for several months and then one day it wigged out on me and started silently dropping jumbo frames.

I have another 7201 with single-strand optics in Gi0/0 and 0/1. 0/2 and 0/3 are SX, same as above. 0/3 shows the error.


Gi0/3 on the 7201 is the product of taking one of the unused PCI buses that would be servicing PA slots in a VXR chassis and turning it into a GigE interface.

Justin
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to