Kim , Jongwon wrote: > Hi All, > > > > It is somewhat away from the topic , but I need your help. > > > > I'd like to know current IP Transit service price in US.
It can vary wildly depending on where you are in the country and who you're buying from. In a quest to move my facility this year, I've received T3 and Ethernet over SONET quotes anywhere from $6000/mo to $2000/mo, all from "tier 1" providers. But in general, lit buildings and colo facilities are always cheaper. Then there's outliers like Cogent who are always really, really cheap with their on-net pricing. > Is Tier1 price cheaper than Tier2 or vice versa? > A tier 2 is typically an ISP buying from a tier 1, although this can be argued to death. Tier 2 is typically cheaper, but sometimes you pay more than a lower price. I learned the hard way years ago that nobody but the big players (Sprint, Verizon, SAVVIS, etc.) knew how to run a proper network in my area. All of the locals (and one CLEC who was acquired by a company who admitted they didn't have any BGP customers before) are BGP retarded, can't really provide high capacity service, or think making service-impacting changes without notice is acceptable. ~Seth _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
