On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Sascha E. Pollok <[email protected]>wrote:
> Chris, > > The mpls MTU over the gige wireless backbone between the POPs was MTU1500. >> I will change that to 1538 and see what happens. >> > > try to do the 1500 Byte pings between the PEs with > DF bit set. I'd rather test the connectivity at > 1500 bytes before trying to tweak something. > > Also, what kind of FE boards do you use on the 7206? > I am currently unsure whether e.g. PA-FE-TX support > larger MTUs needed for MPLS/VPN. > I'm using PA-FE-TX as you guessed. I have enabled the larger MTUs for MPLS with mpls mtu 1538 as per others who have successfully used this. I'm using one of my J2320's (CE router) and found this: ping do-not-fragment detail size 1473 192.168.3.254 PING 192.168.3.254 (192.168.3.254): 1473 data bytes ping: sendto: Message too long ping do-not-fragment detail size 1472 192.168.3.254 PING 192.168.3.254 (192.168.3.254): 1472 data bytes 1480 bytes from 192.168.3.254 via ge-0/0/3.600: icmp_seq=0 ttl=62 time=12.598 ms 1480 bytes from 192.168.3.254 via ge-0/0/3.600: icmp_seq=1 ttl=62 time=14.612 ms What does that indicate to you? 1472 + VLAN tag plus MPLS < 1500? Chris -- ------------------ Chris Hale [email protected] _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
