Tom,

If i remember right, in 3560/3750 MAC ACLs are used only for classification of non ip traffic. So if you're testing with ip (like iperf) you won't be able to match it.

Also, use "sh mls qos int gi0/14 stat" to check for drops due to policing.

--
Tassos

Tom Storey wrote on 01/06/2009 07:57:
Thanks to those who have responded so far.

To answer a couple of so far common questions:

"mls qos" is enabled:

sw2#sh mls qos
QoS is enabled
QoS ip packet dscp rewrite is enabled

And I dont appear to be counting any hits against my MAC ACL, which may
explain part of the problem:

sw2#sh access-lists mac-any-any

Extended MAC access list mac-any-any
    permit any any 0x0 0xFFFF

I tried applying the ACL inbound on the interface to see if it would count
any hits, and there are zero hits on there too. I also modified the ACL
rule to what you see above based on an example I found.

So something is definitely up there, considering I am pumping 12000+ pps
through it each way with iperf. :-)

Back to the drawing board.

Cheers,
Tom

Hi all.

What I'm trying to do is police ingress on a port, using a MAC ACL to
match traffic to police (just a "permit any any" to match all traffic).

But what I'm getting is that the switch doesnt appear to be matching any
traffic at all.

sw2#sh int gi0/14 | inc put rate
  30 second input rate 20449000 bits/sec, 1688 packets/sec
  30 second output rate 2620000 bits/sec, 1690 packets/sec
sw2#sh policy-map int gi0/14
 GigabitEthernet0/14

  Service-policy input: police-10mbit-in

    Class-map: mac-any-any (match-any)
      0 packets, 0 bytes
      30 second offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
      Match: access-group name mac-any-any
        0 packets, 0 bytes
        30 second rate 0 bps

    Class-map: class-default (match-any)
      0 packets, 0 bytes
      30 second offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
      Match: any
        0 packets, 0 bytes
        30 second rate 0 bps

Does anyone have any pointers as to what I'm doing wrong? Below is my
config.

mac access-list extended mac-any-any
 permit any any
!
class-map match-any mac-any-any
 match access-group name mac-any-any
!
policy-map police-10mbit-in
 class mac-any-any
  police 10000000 1000000 exceed-action drop
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/14
 service-policy input police-10mbit-in
!

Ive also tried with just class-default, but got the same result.

I am currently using the "vlan" SDM profile, if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
Tom

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/



_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to