A newcomer to the 12.4(T) train is "ACL Object Groups"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/security/configuration/guide/sec_object_group_acl.html

I can see this making everybody's lives useful when it hits real
production trains.

For the time being, I'm emulating this functionality with my own
home-grown software.

Dave.


Scott Granados wrote:
> I'm working in an environment with several large (north of 300 lines) ACLs 
> that need managing.  Several different people have had their hands in editing 
> before I arrived and the lists have grown in to large jumbled messes and as 
> such are introducing a lot of error because of their complexity. I'm 
> wondering how people manage large ACLs effectively.  Are there any tools that 
> help in the automation of ACL creation or any good methods, if even by hand, 
> that folks could recommend to help ease the clean up and maintenance process. 
>  Something that could optimize the ACL in automated fashion?
> 
> Any pointers would be appreciated.
> 
> Thanks
> Scott
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
> 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to