Well the 7201 comes with 4x GE ports, and with the NPE-G2 your only getting 3x GE ports to start. To get the same you would have to add a PA-GE to your router, and probably the Jacket Card and PA-GE if you didn't want to suck up all the bandwidth points of the slots.
Personally I went with a 7206VXR (why get 4 slots in the same size chassis when you can have 6), and the NPE-G2. I do have to admit to needing a couple PA slots, as I needed to support a DS3 and a couple DS1 lines as well in the router. I think as others mentioned, the 7201 is smaller if your space tight.. --- Howard Leadmon > -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] [mailto:cisco-nsp- > [email protected]] On Behalf Of Denis Savage > Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 2:49 PM > To: [email protected] > Subject: [c-nsp] 7201 NPE-G2 vs. 7204 with NPE-G2 engine > > Is there any benefit of going with the 7201 NPE-G2 over the 7204 VXR with > the NPE-G2 engine? They appear to be the exact same, except the 7204 has > four slots as opposed to the 7201 being a 1U appliance. Yet, the 7204 is > cheaper from what I can gather. Am I missing something? > > Thanks, > > Denis Savage > > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
