On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 15:08 +0200, Peter Haag wrote:
> > I've seen this result from multiple other Netflow tools: ntop, Orion
> > NetFlow and now nfdump.  The only common element is my hardware.
> > I've exported flows from a 7606-SUP32 and a 6509SUP720-3B both
> > running 12.2(18)SXF4.  Both emit the mysterious protocol 0 flows.
> > 
> > I think I can make the assumption there isn't a protocol in use that
> > trumps both UDP and TCP traffic combined.  Have I run into an IOS
> > bug or did I misconfigure?
> 
> No - port 0 result from fragmented packets Most likely UDP packets >
> MTU size. Since the IP ID field is not tracked in a v5 Netflow record,
> the router can not map a fragmented packet to the appropriate flow,
> and simply creates a flow with port '0'

Well, that would be for _port_ 0 traffic, with either TCP or UDP in the
protocol field, wouldn't it? OPs traffic is "protocol 0", so IMHO Scotts
point about flow mask is the best bet.

Regards,
Peter


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to