We have had a few strange unidirectional link problems and I thought that I could detect them using UDLD. So I thought I knew how it worked. I

I have a 6500 with a gig SFP LH mod connected to a 3750 with the same SFP. I enabled UDLD AGGRESSIVE mode on bot ends and they both reported seeing each other as neighbors.

So I thought that if I disconnected one of the fibers that the UDLD would detect the unidirectional transition but instead both ends just reported link down.

I thought that breaking on side of the fiber would only bring down one end LINK since the other still thought it was connected.


I then disabled the UDLD and disconnect the fiber again and still had both ends show link failure.



Q> So why does both ends go down? Is this a new code feature for gig fiber ports or did I miss something?




Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems
Princeton University




_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to