Cisco Nexus platforms make a distinction between out-of-band management access (mgmt0 interface) and inband management access. the former is in a 'management' VRF while the latter is in the 'default' VRF.
make sure you've configured TACACS+ to match the appropriate VRF.


cheers,

lincoln.



Arne Larsen / Region Nordjylland wrote:
No, it should be right. My problem is that if I do a tcpdump on the tacacs+ 
server I dont see anything from the nexus.
It's like it doesn't leave the box at all.

/Arne

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sendt: 30. juni 2009 23:34
Til: [email protected]; Arne Larsen / Region Nordjylland
Emne: Re: [c-nsp] tacacs+ an nexus 5010

On Tue Jun 30 13:47 , Arne Larsen / Region Nordjylland  sent:

Hi all.

Can someone help me out here.
I'm having trouble getting tacacs+ to work an a nexus 5010.
When ever I'm trying to access the nexus the debug prints.:  Skipping
DEAD TACACS+ server 10.0.100.233 I can ping and telnet to the tac-server from 
the nexus. Am I missiing somthing in my config ??

my conf.

vrf context management
 ip name-server 10.2.4.63 10.2.4.64 10.2.4.65 ip host aasnxu1
10.2.8.14 ip host helios 10.0.100.233 tacacs-server key 7 "xxxxxxxxx"
tacacs-server host 10.0.100.233
aaa group server tacacs+ REG_TAC
   server 10.0.100.233
   deadtime 5
   use-vrf management
aaa authentication login default group REG_TAC aaa authentication login
error-enable tacacs-server directed-request vrf context management
 ip route 0.0.0.0/0 10.2.8.1



aasnxu1# sh tacacs-server
Global TACACS+ shared secret:********
timeout value:5
deadtime value:0
total number of servers:1

following TACACS+ servers are configured:
       10.0.100.233:
               available on port:49

following TACACS+ server groups are configured:
       group REG_TAC:
               server 10.0.100.233 on port 49
               deadtime is 5
               vrf is management


Is there a chance you have a mismatch TACACS key?

-chris

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to