You'll find a lot of information about IP Event Dampening here:

http://www.nil.com/ipcorner/IncreaseStability/

I haven't tried it in the EBGP scenario ... Jon, thanks for the pointer.

Ivan
 
http://www.ioshints.info/about
http://blog.ioshints.info/

> >>>> Is there any way to force a delay on a BGP session from 
> >>>> establishing when a link comes up? Say, for example, if a link 
> >>>> flaps and fast-external-fallover takes it down we should wait X 
> >>>> minutes before trying to bring the session back up.
> >>>
> >>> I would guess that flap dampening would be the proper solution.
> >>>
> >>
> >> I don't think it can dampen the whole table and suppress 
> >> announcements, can it? I've never tried that.
> > 
> > I believe IP Event Dampening is the knob you seek.
> > 
> 
> Very interesting. I'll have to play around with that.
> 
> ~Seth
> 
> 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to