Gert Doering wrote:
Now: what happens if the TACACS server is unavailable? The way we currently run the shop is "there is a local username configured as fallback if TACACS doesn't respond" - and people know that they get slapped if they use this user without good reason.

How would command authorization work in that case?

I think it would once again require the mighty hand of the Gert to slap his underling back into line.

I believe you can create an authorization list locally that simply permits all commands. Then set that list as the backup to tacacs in the AAA config. Like you said before, this is the backup plan in case the world is coming to an end.

I don't do AAA authorization yet but I do use TACACS and I fall back to a local user for authentication. It's very handy. That userid & passwd don't stray far from my hands. I wouldn't make it something that's known to everyone though. It would be a very select list.

Justin

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to