Yea, as I understand that makes the default value enabled, but you should still be able to disable on a per interface basis. Which I can do on other 6500's but not these ones. The boot option suppresses link state messages during a reload/bootup but I need to disable logging for specific interfaces permanently.

Appreciate the suggestion though.

Giles

Jonathan Lassoff wrote:
Excerpts from Giles Woolston's message of Wed Jul 15 21:18:58 -0700 2009:
I'm seeing an issue on some of our 6509's where no matter what I do I can't disable the event link status up/down appearing in the logs. 'no logging event link-status' appears in the interface config but does nothing. 6509 with sup 720 and s72033-pk9sv-mz.122-18.SXD6.bin as the image. Any commands you know of that might conflict with these settings?

Any other suggestions?

There's also a global "logging event link-status [ boot | default ]"
option.

Cheers,
jonathan

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature 
database 4248 (20090716) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com







__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature 
database 4248 (20090716) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to