Saku Ytti wrote:
On (2009-07-16 10:23 +0100), Phil Mayers wrote:
Hey,
Could it be the slot? If so, why would it manifest only on a single,
or a small number of LSPs?
I've had various of packet loss issues affecting just single prefix
in PFC3x boxes, typical cause is invalid programming in hardware,
but correct in software, causing hardware to punt traffic
rate-limited to software and software forwarding correctly.
Ah; and we've got quite aggressive CoPP and punt rate limiters. Would
that mean the traffic would be dropped quite aggressively as it was punted?
Best way to debug when you've eliminated config errors and
physical link issues is to use ELAM to capture DBUS/RBUS
headers, which will tell you, what the platform is going
to do to the frame.
Interesting; ELAM is not something I've ever used before. I see there's
a doc on Cluepon - I'll have to take a look.
If interrupt load is something different than 0-1, most
likely something is wrong, however punted amount of
traffic may be so low that something is wrong even though
interrupt load is 0-1.
Interesting.
As I said, in this case we rebooted the linecard and the problem seems
to have gone. Are there other routes that will reliably reprogram the
hardware? The "mls cef" inconsistency checker seemed to think all was well.
Thanks very much for the suggestion; it fits the symptoms extremely well.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/