We monitor just CPU on that switch and it floats between 1 and 3%.
We don't run SSH on that box, so I doubt it could be that. The mgmt interface is in our private network and not operating on VLAN 1, so it's unlikely that it was being exploited. We power-cycled the switch at 8:15 pm and by 11:20 pm it was in the same state again. In the meantime I did look at that switch and there was no crashlog or anything I could see that indicated what had happened. I plan to perform another reboot and upgrade it from EA11 to EA13 tonight. Thanks, Frank From: Yann Gauteron [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 2:42 AM To: [email protected] Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Management interface on 2950T-24 appears to be dead Hi Frank, Do you monitor the switch resources (CPU, memory) ? It is very likely that you have a memory leak in a process and no free memory to allocate for your management process. This is at least the same behavior that I got once with another Catalyst switch (IOS, don't remember the version) because of a memory leak in SSH process. So when the switch went out of free memory, it were impossible to get any administrative access (neither SSH, nor console) to it. A reboot solved the problem. At console, we got a message stating there were no memory free anymore. I did not play with the mode button, so I don't know if it were working or not. Let us know if the power cycle solved your issue, or not! Rgs, Y. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
