I think both of you have a point here, no need to fight...

I also tend to adopt habits that make me type less, but not before I make sure 
to get the desired result and not some awkward cisco bad interpretation to what 
I mean...

I prefer to not use the "proper" way to save configurations
copy running-config startup-config
copy running config tftp
when I can simple do
wr
wr net
and get exactly the same results

What is curious is why do the IOS keep telling me that the "wr net" command 
will be deprecated and keeps working, for ten years already?

So, as I said, you're both right, type as less as you can, but always keep in 
mind the consequences that this might have.

Ziv


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ryan West
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 10:52 AM
To: Tony Varriale; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] NAT and PAT on ASA

Tony,

I agree that I chose the wrong wording here. It should have read, the ACL 
you're concerned with is inbound on the outside interface.  Otherwise, the 
configlet is fine.

I find the netmask option to be irrelevant, unless you're falling on obvious 
bit boundaries within the same class or doing NAT shifting.  I guess I'm a 
creature of habit and go with the path of least keystrokes.  When you're 
creating isakmp keys, do you type:

tunnel-group 169.254.50.50 type ipsec-l2l
tunnel-group 169.254.50.50 ipsec-attributes
 pre-shared-key BestPractices

or

isakmp key BestPractices address 169.254.50.50

They both produce the same results.  I guess the BU gave up on calling it a 
deprecated command, it hasn't seemed to complain since 7.2.

-ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tony Varriale
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:42 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] NAT and PAT on ASA

Ryan,

I would recommend completing your static with the appropriate netmask.

Also, ACLs can be applied in and out on an interface on ASA and PIX since 
7.0.

tv
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ryan West" <[email protected]>
To: "Oddiraju, Kiran @ London SMC" <[email protected]>; 
<[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:48 PM
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] NAT and PAT on ASA


> static (inside,outside) 58.66.76.88 192.168.0.100
> show run access-group
> take note of the acl to the outside interface, ACLs are on the ASA are 
> inbound.
> access-list <myaccesslist> ext permit icmp any host 58.66.76.88 echo
> access-list <myaccesslist> ext permit tcp any host 58.66.76.88 eq www
>
> -ryan
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected] 
> [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Oddiraju, Kiran @ 
> London SMC
> Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:09 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [c-nsp] NAT and PAT on ASA
>
> Guys,
>
>
>
> I am new to the ASA world, I have a bunch of external IP's from the ISP
> and I have an inside host that I want to access externally. How do I
> translate an inside ip (192.168.0.100) to an outside address
> (58.66.76.88) on the ASA? I should be able to ping and www from outside
> world to my inside host. Please let me know how to accomplish this.
>
>
>
> Many thanks,
>
> K
>
>
> CB Richard Ellis Limited, Registered Office: St Martin's Court,
> 10 Paternoster Row, London, EC4M 7HP, registered in England and Wales No. 
> 3536032.
> Regulated by the RICS and an appointed representative of CB Richard Ellis
> Indirect Investment Services Limited which is authorised and regulated by 
> the Financial Services Authority.
>
> This communication is from CB Richard Ellis Limited or one of its
> associated/subsidiary companies. This communication contains information
> which is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended 
> recipient,
> please contact the sender immediately. Any use of its contents is strictly 
> prohibited
> and you must not copy, send or disclose it, or rely on its contents in any 
> way whatsoever.
> Reasonable care has been taken to ensure that this communication
> (and any attachments or hyperlinks contained within it) is free from 
> computer viruses.
> No responsibility is accepted by CB Richard Ellis Limited or its 
> associated/subsidiary
> companies and the recipient should carry out any appropriate virus checks.
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ 

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

 
 
************************************************************************************
This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer 
viruses.
************************************************************************************




 
 
************************************************************************************
This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer 
viruses.
************************************************************************************



_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to