On 27/07/2009 19:57, Justin Shore wrote:
Interesting. So they don't have a Cisco CLI but they have an otherwise limited CLI if you know the tricks to get into it. I don't think that will be helpful in RANCID though. I don't think I can make it jump through all the hoops necessary to get logged in or pass meta control characters. Interesting nonetheless though.
Well, they do have a limited Cisco CLI, which is enough for them to store the complete switch configuration in a cisco-style configuration file. You can see this file if you boot into the bootprom (press either ESC or CTRL-U on bootup on the serial console). In theory you can also tftp this file up to a tftp server, but from an automation point of view, the problem in practice turns out to be getting past the stupid curses based interface and dealing with the various models.
The SRW224, for example, doesn't support lcli at all, although at least it supports browsers other than IE6/IE7. I don't think the SLM series supports lcli either - which is a pain, given that they are newer boxes and support cisco style configuration files (the SRW224 config files are binary).
On a "delenda est carthago" note, whoever in Linksys made the dysfunctional decision only to support IE6/IE7 seriously needs to be kicked up the ass.
Nick _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
