Here's the documentation from Cisco including CLI commands to do the upgrade.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00804799d7.shtml -Jeremiah ________________________________________ From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On Behalf Of Peter Rathlev [[email protected]] Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2009 9:47 AM To: Bill Blackford Cc: cisco-nsp mailing list Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Upgrading IOS core on a 3750 Stack On Sun, 2009-08-02 at 06:18 -0700, Bill Blackford wrote: > The subject line says it all. > > I have some questions regarding how the upgrade works. > > 1. Do I only upgrade the master? Technically no, but the master might be able to auto-upgrade the members. > 2. If not, how do I upgrade the other switches in the stack? You can upload software to flash1:, flash2: etc. and set the boot variables with "boot system switch 2 flash:/asdf.bin". Remember that each switch sees the flash as just "flash:" when booting, so set the boot variable accordingly. > 3. Should everything be running the same exact code(base vs. > ipservices)? > > <snip> > Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image > ------ ----- ----- ---------- ---------- > * 1 52 WS-C3750-48P 12.2(25)SEE1 C3750-IPSERVICESK9-M > 2 52 WS-C3750-48P 12.2(25)SEE1 C3750-IPBASEK9-M > 3 52 WS-C3750-48P 12.2(25)SEE1 C3750-IPBASEK9-M > 4 52 WS-C3750-48P 12.2(25)SEE1 C3750-IPSERVICESK9-M > </snip> I actually thought potential members with another feature set than the master wouldn't become active, but if that's part of a "show version" it seems they can. I would recommend running the same feature set on all switches. I don't know how different feature sets handle a master failover, but only problems come to mind when looking at it. Regards, Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
