-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
Both Netscout and Fluke make products that do this. Plus, you can buy
probes to insert into your links directly (as opposed to span-port) if
you want to do some sniffing on something other than an Ethernet
switch. Be ready to fork out some money though.
On Aug 4, 2009, at 5:56 PM, Peter Rathlev wrote:
Hi,
Since TCP works the way it does a passive observer is able to see
packet
loss by looking for e.g. duplicate ACKs. For some time I've had a
dumpcap process picking out traffic to/from specific destinations and
running it through tshark to get the wireshark "Expert Info" output.
This turns out to be very interesting data.
The problem is that I'd like to do some further data mining to see if
certain sources/destinations are more troubled than others. For this
I'd
have to isolate each flow and analyse them one by one. Even though
this
would be possible (and not too hard) with a few scripts, I'd like to
know if there might exist some tool/appliance that does this: Looks at
traffic (e.g. from a SPAN port) and collects statistics about the
flows
including analysis of packet loss et cetera. The important part is
that
it looks at the seperate flows.
I've been looking at tstat (http://tstat.tlc.polito.it/index.shtml)
and
this looks very promising, but it doesn't seem to be able to analyze
the
different flows seperately.
Anybody know of such tool/appliance? Preferably either appliance or
something that runs on Linux, but commercial solutions as well as open
source.
Regards,
Peter
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
- --
Scott Keoseyan
[email protected]
Homepage - http://www.labyrinth.org/homepages/scott
Blog - http://www.labyrinth.org/wp1
PGP Key - http://www.labyrinth.org/homepages/scott/pgp.html
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.11 (Darwin)
iEYEARECAAYFAkp4vgsACgkQA7TpMPAlvEfsBACgmcU0DwdGiSPkYePbIsW8nHNj
TFEAn0A8GojMMhXPTkxkmMf3MhAMwj9i
=IRYG
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/