I believe the ACE supports multiple contexts so it's like having a bunch of
independent (virtual) load balancers...


Bill Murphy
Network Architect
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Felix Nkansah
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 4:43 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [c-nsp] OT: Difference between the CSS and ACE

Hi Team,
Pardon me if this question seems dumb. I have deployed a number of Cisco
Content Services Switches for clients who needed Layer 4-7 application load
balancing and acceleration for their web-based applications in the data
centre.

I am presently reviewing the datasheet of the Cisco Application Control
Engine and find its role to be similar to the CSS.

Under what scenarios or requirements would one prefer the ACE to the CSS? In
what way is the ACE different from the CSS?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Felix
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to