We use DCNM for real-time monitoring here (e.g. we use it to
troubleshoot issues as they arise) - works great for this purpose,
though in my opinion the configuration interface is a little
over-complicated compared to just using the CLI, which is a bad sign. :)
The XML interface is very, very well documented. Each revision of NX-OS
ships with a new XML spec package to describe the interfaces. You can do
a lot more than just monitor things with the XML interfaces - e.g.
automate port provisioning tasks in an in-house product/app. We're
planning to use some of this functionality to integrate switch
configurations into our inventory system (eventually).
If you hit up the downloads page for NX-OS you should see a zip file of
XML specifications in there.
Justin
Ryan Hughes wrote:
>From what I've seen on much of the new DC equipment, Cisco focused more on
XML than SNMP for the monitoring hook into the Nexus gear. I know many of
the features you're asking for were bolted on per customer requests but I
haven't seen any specific templates out there around this. I'd be interested
in to hear what some of the TME's who pay attention to this have to say.
DCNM is the platform that Cisco deployment to handle management/monitoring
for the Nexus but I haven't seen many customers buy it yet ( IIRC - it makes
excellent use of the XML API's available ).
Ryan
On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Ash Net <[email protected]> wrote:
Yep, we know that already. I'm finding that there isn't a lot of
management systems (OV/Concord atleast) that can natively monitor the
7k's since they haven't certified the platform yet.
Wondering how people are monitoring elements such as CPU Health, intf
utilization, topology change event traps of the 7K Chassis etc. There
doesn't appear to be a comprehensive MIB that has all the elements
defined.
It'd be great to hear from folks who have these boxes deployed and
have them in any enterprise monitoring systems.
On 8/13/09, Roland Dobbins <[email protected]> wrote:
On Aug 14, 2009, at 12:07 AM, Ash Net wrote:
We have recently deployed N7k's in our DC and want to enable
monitoring on them.
N7Ks have a dedicated management processor; they also have a
management software system which I believe ships with every N7K.
They also output operationally useful NetFlow.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Roland Dobbins <[email protected]> // <http://www.arbornetworks.com>
Unfortunately, inefficiency scales really well.
-- Kevin Lawton
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/