Hello

I'm experimenting with MPLS-TE and have a question about reservation of the bandwidth on an interface. It's more or less clear that each tunnel can receive the necessary bandwidth and that it is consequently subtracted from the overall bandwidth configured for the interface. Therefore there can only be a finite number of TE-tunnels going through an interface. My question is: What will happen if I run a generic IP traffic over this interface in addition to MPLS-TE tunnels? How will this IP flow affect creation of new TE tunnels? What will have higher priority (or what will be dropped/rerouted first) when the interface bandwidth reaches it's max physical capacity? It seems that with an abundance of information about MPLS I can't find neither exact answer to these questions nor the algorithm behind this particular process so any references to white-papers, books, etc are greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Victor.


--
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to