Makes you long for the good ol days when a simple ftp ftp.cisco.com worked and only required your cco user / pass.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stig Johansen" <stig.johan...@atea.no>
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:56 PM
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] "Enhanced" download procedure

Rodney Dunn wrote:
Please check the email thread a week or so back where I gave the direct contacts for feedback.
They are open and want to hear helpful constructive feedback.
Rodney

I'm really not in the mood for banging my head against the wall, so I'm asking for help from all on this list. This is a part of the reply Mr. Bauer gave me when I expressed my concerns with the inability to get a direct download-URL (to use with wget etc. from within the customer network through a SSH-session, which *was* a relatively common method I do believe):

Oscar Bauer wrote:
Unfortunately we cannot enabled Wget, cURL, Fetching URLs,
crawling or scripting as these may have been possible to use
in the past but were never supported when download software
from Cisco.com. However there are several remote access clients
or capabilities built into each operating system that support
remote desktop access. Here are the steps to configure XP on
a windows box for remote access.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsXp/using/mobility/getstarted/Remoteintro.mspx
that would allow you to run a browser at that location to download
the files. If this is not a windows box there are a lot of
freeware options to choose from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_remote_desktop_software

/Stig