All,

I realise there are more posts out there about max-reserved-bandwidth than you can shake a stick at, but could anyone help me with this please...?

Does the 25% only kick in during times of congestion, and which traffic does it really contain? I'm using 12.4 Mainline and if several sources are to be believed I have reason to think that 25% of the bandwidth is hived off all the time, never to be seen again unless you set max-reserved-bandwidth to 100%. Can that really be true? I would have expected the 25% 'hidden' queue to only be serviced when there are heaps of routing updates waiting to use a congested interface.

What I'm trying to achieve is to set all DSCP values to zero, but not starve routing updates in the process. In which case, how well would this policy work?

!
class-map match-all CM-ALL
 match any
!
service-policy PM-BLEACH
 class CM-ALL
  set ip dscp default
!
inter serial1/0
 max-reserved-bandwidth 100
 service-policy out PM-BLEACH
!

Have I just un-prioritised routing updates by removing the 25% 'hidden' queue? Do I need to then create a "class-default" within PM-BLEACH and allocate bandwidth 25?

Any advice on this would be really appreciated and help answer a question I just can't seem to find and answer to online.

Many thanks

James.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to