Dave Weis wrote: > > On Wed, 30 Sep 2009, David Hughes wrote: >> On 30/09/2009, at 7:08 AM, Dave Weis wrote: >>> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Christopher Hunt wrote: >>>> As I painfully discovered, the Cisco ASA in Multiple Context mode >>>> does not support IPSEC VPN clients nor L2TP3 tunnels >>> >>> That's a pretty big omission! Any ETA to add that capability? >> Yeah, they've never supported VPN in multi-context mode. Major pain. >> And if you are a dense hosting provider the 50 context limit (and >> limited performance) of a 5540 for example doesn't work too well. >> These issues made us look around again and J-Vendor's boxes are making >> the ASA's look a bit ordinary. > > I never enjoyed working on the netscreens. I suppose if each virtual > firewall customer could get the same awkward web interface for self > provisioning it could be made to work. >
Have a look at the new SRX platform... its JUNOS based and there are models that could well support a SP managed firewall service. /Eric _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
